Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Arvada Res. Nice opening day. I landed 12 stocker rainbows from 8:00 to 10:00am. Got most of the fish near the dam with a bead head streamer using a fly rod. A good number of people fishing from shore were getting some action. Lots of people and other boats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got back as well..Fished for about 4 hrs. We trolled with wedding rings and threw panther martins near the damn. . Caught 6 stockers and one nice holdover. She spit eggs all over the boat. Fun Day

·
Registered
344 Posts
Fishing was O.K., caught a bunch of stockers, used log chains (pop gear), misc. lures. In my opion Arvada is going down the tubes, each year the larger fish get fewer and further between, until last year we would catch some nice fish, 20-24". Too much pressure. IMO
Got there about 6:45, the line to get in was 25 vehicles long, but did move fairly fast, had the boat in the water by 7:30. I need to take the video camera, I had a blast watching people put the floating objects in the water.
Weather was good, had a nice day fishing. About 2:30 decided to go in, some other people thought the same, so I parked the boat on the back side of the dock, tied it off and went to get the trailer. When I got to the ramp, I parked and went down to pull the boat around, to the front of the ramp, I bumped into another boat that had butted in line, he told me "get that thing out of here", I laughed and said "oh really" forced my way to my spot in line, backed the trailer in and loaded the boat. I wasn't in a hurry and would of let this clown go in front if he wasn't such a nice fella.
Nice guys like this and stockers, makes you wish you had stayed home and did honeydews.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts