Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arvada Reservoir was stocked on Wednesday with 4500 10" and bigger rainbows. The water is very low. The city went through and cut down a ton of trees along the shoreline (but they left the roots and stumps for habitat). Two weeks until the reservoir opens!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Opening date 4/1. fees are $5 per vehicle and $5 for a boat. I buy non resident yearly $35 for truck and $35 for boat. No night fishing, no wading, that's about all I can think of. Wish they would put some more walleye in the lake and a lot less trout.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It does have a great smallmouth population,and some large(5+lb)trout in there.I've hit opening day the last couple of years and have not been dissapointed.

lyn

·
Registered
108 Posts
Also the hours for Arvada ar sun up to sun down. There are cats, walleyes, bass, trout, and tiger muskies in there. but you will need to bring patients if you shore fish, it can be really slow if your not in a boat out there.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.arvada.org/artsandrec/index.php?pid=1231

there are actual hours but they try to keep them close to sun up and sundown as possible. one thing nice about teh reservoir is before closing time they ring a bell (sounds liek a tornado warning siren) to let everyone know they need to start leaving.

at teh shore have patience and something to sit on, the ants can be bad sometimes. i dont think they allow bodily contact with the water but i am not sure. i will find out on monday.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Isn't there a new lake in that area they're supposed to open up this year? seems to me someone was talking about it last year about this time-maybe named Webster or something like that. They were supposed to be working on amemities last year.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fortune or Welton reservoir will not open this year. they are still building. the planned date for it to open is next year. but they said the same thing last year so who knows.

my dad got our boat and vehicle registrations to arvada today. kenny billips is borrowing our boat this weekend to check some stuff out there (its pretty amazing that the city of arvada doesnt own a single boat). i am going to see if he will let me do a little pre-opening fishing. i am also going to get to night fish from march 31 to april 1 during the ranger appreciation thing. thats why i have to do the kids fsihing day thing

·
Registered
862 Posts
ahh yes arvada I had extremely good success there last yr but boy did it take alot ofpatients...... I had quite a few real tough days but after I kept at it and started to learn the lake I figured out what I needed to do as far as fishing from shore... I had quite a few 15-20 fish days almost got a big muskie one time when I was realin in a small bow the muskie came out of nowhere only about 5 ft out from shore tage my bow and took off but I never caught him got the bow tho.... this yr Ill have a boat ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts