Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never been to Arvada but have heard some good stories...any advice?

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is my first year fishing the res. so my advise might not be the most reliable but I've done well on the north shore trolling spinners,panther martins and kastmasters. I've recently broke out the flyrod and have been productive using wolly buggers. I've caught only trout so far but monday had a sm bass on the flyrod but he was too fast and swam straight under the boat and got loose. I think the bass fishing is starting to pick up so it's time for tubes, jigs, spinners, cranks, ect. Have fun!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have been there provally 10 times this year havent been skunked yet out there at least for fish as far as species no warm water but have probally pulled out 60 stockers and 5 big browns that they stocked a month back.I have pictures on here of two browns somewhere on the forum. I havent had luck with any warm water yet. stay in the 15 ft range when trolling thats when I seem to land them.They have been loving kastmasters and panther martins. In the evening the trout start top feeding so fly rod would be great.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Learning how to fly right now...it's been interesting...different but hopefully advantageous in the future. :) Right now, I'm strictly a shore fisherman...teacher's salary so where would be good spots and techniques from shore at Arvada?

·
Registered
413 Posts
It will be a hike but you will want to go the far west it is only 3ft -10ft deep or you will want to go the far northwest corner thats where I have had alot of success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts