Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas to all! I got on the ice yesterday with a new set of blades on my trusty old Mora 8" auger. I have 2 sets of old blades I would like to get sharpened by someone who knows what they are doing. The last place ruined a set of blades. Where can I get this done? I'll mail them out, doesn't even need to be in state. I just want them done properly. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bass Pro shop did a set for me couple of years ago, don't know if they still do that or not. Give ' em a call and see.

·
P I K E
10,187 Posts
Strikemaster use to have a program where you sent them your blades they would sharpen them for no charge, you might contact their customer support.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Merry Christmas to all! I got on the ice yesterday with a new set of blades on my trusty old Mora 8" auger. I have 2 sets of old blades I would like to get sharpened by someone who knows what they are doing. The last place ruined a set of blades. Where can I get this done? I'll mail them out, doesn't even need to be in state. I just want them done properly. Thanks in advance
Never as sharp,as new. Pay the money

·
Registered
413 Posts
Personally I like sharpening my own. I use the DMT diamond stones. The blue stone is coarse and good to start with, then switch to the fine grain red. Red will do most the work, then if you want you can finish with the green for an extra fine edge. Works great for me. Doing it by hand is better than attempting to do it on something like a belt sander or a grinder. I enjoy sharpening things though so maybe not for everyone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally I like sharpening my own. I use the DMT diamond stones. The blue stone is coarse and good to start with, then switch to the fine grain red. Red will do most the work, then if you want you can finish with the green for an extra fine edge. Works great for me. Doing it by hand is better than attempting to do it on something like a belt sander or a grinder. I enjoy sharpening things though so maybe not for everyone.
I like sharpening knives and braodheads. Auger blades are a different animal though.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I just said screw it and bought a new set, Mora 8in. for 30 bucks. I will check out the 307 site however. Maybe send a couple sets in and stock up for the next few seasons ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just said screw it and bought a new set, Mora 8in. for 30 bucks. I will check out the 307 site however. Maybe send a couple sets in and stock up for the next few seasons ;)
I got a new set also, but I paid close to $40 including shipping to make sure I got the blades from Sweden and not China. I would like to get a few of my old sets sharpened though.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I got a new set also, but I paid close to $40 including shipping to make sure I got the blades from Sweden and not China. I would like to get a few of my old sets sharpened though.
Mine were 32.44 from amazon. Swedish blades

1 - 13 of 13 Posts