Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever heard of this brand? im just trying to figure out if its a good buy, or a bad buy. only paid 100 for it right when it popped up on craigslist, anyone know if its a good value?

Thanks,
DH

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Does it run? The Tecumshe engine is a good one in my opinion! What is the make of auger? I have an Eskimo Mako! I love it! I would say that if it runs and cuts, it's a great buy!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, now I know others like the engine. It dies at idle though, clean the carb maybe? And air filter? gunna test it out at the lake tomorrow, so hopefully she cuts.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dyinghero27 said:
Thanks for the replies, now I know others like the engine. It dies at idle though, clean the carb maybe? And air filter? gunna test it out at the lake tomorrow, so hopefully she cuts.
Possibly a slight adjustment to the carb Jets will fix the idle. Clean the Plug and filter if it has one.

·
Registered
701 Posts
My last Tech lasted about twenty seasons. It still works although it almost never idles between hole and is hard to get started because of no primer. These problems only started to arise a few seasons ago. Jst bought the new 3.5 hp Tech and it will kick any augers arse. I know because I've seen it in action against others. Depenending upon how well the other person took care of it, you should have got a good deal.

C

·
0 Posts
I have the lazer 2.2hp engine and am on season 4. Works great for me and I abuse the crap out of that motor! :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Our old SM Lazer Mag is a Tec and we've beaten that thing to hell and back - left fuel in it all summer, rode it hard, put it away wet... still starts up and runs like a champ. Just take it in once in a blue moon for a plug and filter change to a good lawnmower place - Big Tool Box is great, fast, and they're always hungry for business this time of year.

Happy drilling, and fishing. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts