Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright snowmobile guys, I severely want to maximize space in my sleds by mounting augers to the tunnel or hood of my machines. I see it all the time but was never interested until now. I do not have the time to design and fabricate my own so I just want to buy an manufactured version. I'm having trouble finding any however. Any ideas???

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
We use gun rack type accessories for atvs. Try to find the ones with a push bottom release.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
988 Posts
My sleds have rails on the back. The grips clamp rite onto the rails. Few bolts per clamp. Good to go.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
My sleds have rails on the back. The grips clamp rite onto the rails. Few bolts per clamp. Good to go.
That is how mine mount up also, I use some similar. If you want to mount these type on the front you will have to drill and mount in the hood and I would be afraid of it cracking with all the force. You could make some mounting tubes that attach to the bottom and come up top to mount them on like in the iceshanty link I posted.

·
Registered
297 Posts
check out the Jaws of Ice from excel-outdoors.com
they mount easy and do a very good job of locking your auger in.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check out the Jaws of Ice from excel-outdoors.com
they mount easy and do a very good job of locking your auger in.
Now we're getting it. You hook yours to the tunnel? Looks as if I would need the quick attach brackets also so I can remove the entire assembly when actually snowmobiling. Wonder if the quick attach brackets "lock" into the accessory grove on the tunnel?

·
Registered
427 Posts
digger anchor carrier is what I plan on upgrading to. Fleet farm has it for 70 + sh

·
Registered
297 Posts
it comes with everything i needed to mount it on my rear basket. Some guys mount theirs on the front of their machine, that would take a extra work. (depending on the sled)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts