Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to but a hand auger this week and wanted to know what is the dif. between the Mora & Laser???

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Personal preference

·
Registered
935 Posts
duckdog72 said:
Im going to but a hand auger this week and wanted to know what is the dif. between the Mora & Laser???
Lazers will cut faster, but require more force from you to make it happen. Moras are easier to turn, and are the one I preferred after owning and using both.

M

·
0 Posts
where can i buy one of those double offset handles that gets through a foot in 30 seconds? that video was sweet, i want one

·
Registered
45 Posts
IMO moras are crap buy a Lazer. I have used my Lazer for two seasons now without changing blades and still cuts right throught the ice.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I do beleive this was a earlier topic and again I have to go with 3hp Jiffy 10". Need to keep you on your toes Cuttthroat

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Mustang said:
where can i buy one of those double offset handles that gets through a foot in 30 seconds? that video was sweet, i want one
from there website is the only place i know of, but dont wory about it you can do the same with the standard handle also

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Trout said:
I do beleive this was a earlier topic and again I have to go with 3hp Jiffy 10". Need to keep you on your toes Cuttthroat
me too trout i never leave home without it, i love the smell of 2 stroke on a chilly -5 degree morning and hearing that motor just churning and burning all the way through...gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. maybe i'm a little too much into my auger.
sorry this post went off a little weird.

·
Registered
29 Posts
IMO moras are crap buy a Lazer. I have used my Lazer for two seasons now without changing blades and still cuts right throught the ice. I AGREE, I HAVE OWNED BOTH AND LAZER IS BETTER.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Mustang said:
By my own measurements, it was 15" of ice, and the time was something like 13-15 seconds. It's a combination of the handle and the sharp blades that make cutting easy.  You can buy the double-offset handle directly from Srikemaster (go to their website and look around).  If you have sharp blades, you don't have to use a lot of downward force - you just crank it around, and the weight of the auger and the sharp blades will do the cutting. If you're cutting into black ice, the hardest part will be just getting the hole started. Once the auger is centered in a started hole, it will cut down pretty quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts