Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hit Aurora after work...got there about 5:30 PM...3 other parties in the vacinity...one of them was Dogkatcher...had been there awhile and hadnt seen any wipers...it was pretty calm which isnt a problem with wipers out there...trout were dimpling grabbing the midges that were hatching...that had me worried...trout had been noticibly absent from the dam face during wiper days...maybe they had finally moved off...or are just taking the day off...well I tried leeches and rapalas...I even bought a few hotdogs (large live suckers from Gander Mountain)...he swam all over the dam face and no wipers intercepted him...while I was there until dark I didnt see any wipers caught or cruising...and I did walk the dam for a ways when it was calm...meeting Dogkatcher was kewl...there also was a father and his son...dad (name escapes me) clearly has fished a lot and for many species...his son Taylor caught his first smallie...I told him I would post it here...so I am following through...when I should be getting my gear ready for an early morning rendezvous at Cherry Creek...back to the old I will get all the sleep I need when I am dead...well here is a few pictures of Taylor and his father...priceless!...

Oh yeah...Dogkatcher hooked a Rainbow that had another Rainbow attached by fishing line...

Oops...that was him flipping me off!

Thats better...I think he also managed a couple of small eyes...that is all I caught was one small eye on a Rapala...

Ok I have to go get my gear ready for Cherry Creek and then a few hours of sleep...

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Looks like a good time!!! :)

what are you going to be going for @ the Creek? :)

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whatever I can catch...my track record isnt too good there...walleyes and wipers...mainly walleyes...and if a Wiper tries to commit suicide by falling on my hook...so be it!...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Man, it looks I like had severe sunburn in photo, funny. Was great to meet Zman, has a lot of knowledge and carries a lot of gear!!

I caught those 2 rainbows by luck. Had leech slipweight rig, was reeling it in since I  thought I had a pile of weeds on the end. Then I saw the 1st fish & foul hooked, which was weird because that’s usually harder to pull in, then a 2nd fish appeared in  the water, I was in disbelief at first, pulling two trout out in one shot, the guy to the south looked puzzled while this was going on. two decent stockers & caught the limit is 1 shot!! 

I had to show the guys between me and Zman, they thought it was hilarious. The kid wanted to fish with me after that .. funny.  Not really sure what happened to the trout. Both were deep hooked with line hanging out of their mouths, quite a nest of line between em .. and it nested me up good.  Looking closer the 2nd fish was pretty stiff & not moving so did not keep it. The 1st fish seemed ok at first, but died very fast & turned rock hard quick, I asked the ranger and he wouldn’t eat em either. Yea so Zman, no trout dinner for me last night. Well I guess the seagulls will have a gourmet dinner

All in all caught 2 big craws on leeches, the second craw was actually clamped onto the torpedo bobber, not sure how that happened

Those 2 bows (but im not really counting those)

MY FIRST EVER walleye 14” early with leech slipweighted with 20” leader free floating around bottom.

Then Zman came over as dark hit, he caught a walleye on a rapala countdown as he was counting down the minutes for departure ,, the last cast bug for sure, water was perfect at 9:00.  So I tried a crankbait also & caught a 15” walleye, pretty quick too. Lure was a diving lipped rattler greenish brown w/ orange belly .. not sure what brand. I havnt caught anything on a crankbait in a long time. Especially being my second walleye ever too, stoked! … zman broke the curse. Thanks!!

Enjoy the pics

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DK...

zman broke the curse. Thanks
There are certain parties on this forum that arent going to like that type of publicity...it cuts away at me being the explanation of a blank and white smelly animal following them around...

It was fun...wish we could of had two more hours into the darkness...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts