Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very slow and very slow for everyone else I talked to.

Fished 1pm-5pm with 3 trout.

I tried everywhere from 40 feet down to 8 feet by the beach and across to Senac Cove. Minnows, kasties, wax worms - fish only hit the wax worms and all were at 13 ft.

Couldn't mark any fish consistently ..... anyone have suggestions for me?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I have heard it has slowed except for trout...will be out there Saturday and Sunday seeing what I can find...hard to believe I havent fished the place hard since October...

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was there yesterday too. First time at Aurora. Walked into Senac, about halfway to mid-lake point. Didn't mark fish until last half hour I was there. Moved holes about 5 or 6 times, from 30 feet in channel area, to final spot about 12 feet, where i got 2 bows on orange, hand tied jig and spikes. Ice was 10+ inches with 3 inches or so of snow on top. Slushy as you walked and sunk down near shoreline at end of day.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I fish Aurora almost every day! Before the big snow storms we had, the fish where byting on a regular. After the snow storms I found the fish to be in 20'-25' feet of water And had best luck on orange and chartreuse castys tipped with waxys. You almost have to be there at sun up and fish for the first couple hrs. I found teh fish to shut down after about 9:30am.. I used an orange buck shot the other day and had succes with that also...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts