Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt fish it but on the way home from Chatfield I had to drop of my friend Tom at his home in east Aurora...he lives out by Smokey Hill and 470...we took the Quincey exit and decided to take a quick look at 5:15 PM...we were very surprised at our findings...the reservoir is still about 80 percent ice covered...the marina cove has open water about 50 yards out along the boat ramp shore...it looks like there may be some open water in pockets along the south shore...the entire length of the dam has open water for about 200 yards out...now for the major shock...the reservoir is as full as I have seen it...the swim beach will be open for business this year...the water was about 2 feet below the walkway on the tower...it hasnt been like this in a long time...I doubt it will get any fuller...I cannot imagine them ever filling it up so the water is touching the base of the tower walkway...it will be interesting to see what it does to various shore fishing spots...I looked at the times for February it is open from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm and being ice covered the boat ramp IS NOT OPEN yet...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I was down in Ordway this weekend and swung out to check some of the reservoirs down there. Meredith Reservoir which was completely drained was ablut 98% full, Lake Henry was looking great with a bunch of marsh lands since alot of weeds grew in last year when it was down, and Ordway Reservoir was looking full as well. So I dont think water levels are going to been an issue for the Lakes and Reservoirs this year as long as they keep water restrictions this year. Hopefully it will be a rainy spring too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This reply is to epic's information on Ordway area waters. I grew up in Odway. I am wondering if you have any reports or knowledge of the water situation on Adobe Creek Res. Adobe Creek Res. is east of Ordway/Sugar City and in previous years has been a hot spot for spring crappie.

???

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I'll ask my girl's family they live in Ordway, I plan on doing some fishing out that way when we go visit them so maybe I'll try that lake too.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
no problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts