Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started fishing at the point across from the boat ramp in 20 FOW @7am. I got a 17" wally on a live minnow @7:15 am.I caught 3 bo's 13-16" by 10am. My bud caught 3 bo's 14-19" on green jig/worm by 10 am. We walked to back of senac cove fished 18FOW. I got 3 perch and a 16" wally and 3 bos.All on live minnows. Perch: 11 3/4",  12 1/4", 9". Wally 16". Bos 14-18.5". My bud got 3 bos @16" or so. That was it. We each missed about 10 or 12 hits. Ice was 11" in back of Senac.

D

·
0 Posts
Nice fish, Slayer! I don't think I've ever seen perch as fat as what Aurora is putting out this Winter!

How was your fishing in Mexico?

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don: It S$CKED! I lost a couple fish off the beach,that was it. Trolled my rarlas and yozuris from a panga one day and nada. Nobody was doin anything.

Farcry: I havent caught perch like this in a LONG time. It would be great to find them in open water.

Y

·
0 Posts
Wow!! That is a jalopy perch.... thanks for the pics...people have said the perch were big this year but that is the first picture I have seen of one. That big one is only 1/4" off the state record.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
slayer its good to hear you got some back in senac I wish I would have went back when you guys did. I didn't get anything else.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Everything there is well fed with all the spottail shiners, trout fingerlings, crawfish and small perch to eat!

I had a 29" Walleye float up next to me last summer that was huge! I have never seen a fish with that kind of girth anywhere! Even the Ranger got excited when I called him down to see it!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Neal/CO said:
I had a 29" Walleye float up next to me last summer that was huge!
Visions of a walleye floating around herself on an air mattress...

So did this one come to visit willingly just to say, hey here I am-Jealous?,,,, or was it more of a - Oh, I think I have something on the end of my line type visit?

T

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Are their fat carp in aurora too ??? :p ;D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Neal/CO said:
I had a 29" Walleye float up next to me last summer that was huge!
Visions of a walleye floating around herself on an air mattress...

So did this one come to visit willingly just to say, hey here I am-Jealous?,,,, or was it more of a -  Oh, I think I have something on the end of my line type visit?

T

It was dead. I just happened to be standing on the dam casting when she floated up!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Slayer nice fish. Do you catch small trout? Sorry to hear about the fishing in mexico. I hope it didn't keep you from enjoying your cocktails by the beach! ;D

Neal that walleye didn't die. It surrendered. It realized you were gonna catch it so why not just get it over with! ;D

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Nice fish! Those are some pretty fat Perch. Have you had any luck finding any wipers or walleye through the ice out there?

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've caught 3 wally's in about 20 ice fishing trips on Aurora.I just happen to catch them while hunting for Perch. ;D I have absolutely zero info on the wipers there. I imagine they hang out in the middle of the lake in real deep water and the ice rarely if ever freezes safely out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts