Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all that are willing to reply,

I am looking for any and all tips on where to catch this 25k fish. Where it's exact gps cordanates are. What He/She is hungry for and when He/She will be avabile for me to pick Him/Her up.
Look for me. I will be holding that check at the end of the day.

Ling Reader

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jay,

I am willing to make that sacrafice, if only I get my picture posted with the check in my hand first.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Ok but please dont tell anyone. Start out at the tower, Travel .62 miles S. Now make a u-turn and go another .12miles back the way you came. Anchor there. Now start trolling a 13in jerk bait behind a 16oz cannonball weight rigged to a 20ft outrigger.

Good luck

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay,
I have been watching this sight for some time now and trust your words as truth, but I do have to ? this one . Do you really think 13" jerk bait is big enough? I want to target the bigger trout also.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Now see Ive always heard that in order to catch this $25,000 dollar trout, you have to sell your soul to the mother of the sea.  Then she will pick you up with a forceful wind and drop you on top of the tagged fish's location after giving you your devine a spear gun.  After performing your sacrificial dance in the water, you must dive to the trout and while holding your spear gun in one hand, hold out the other and the fish will swim up to you and let you take it.  I read it in the stars the other night while searching for the groundhogs shadow.  I found it too, so you know what they say.  Six more weeks of basketball! ;D

·
Registered
247 Posts
seriously. Once i stop laughing...

Ok, so last year, people were catching trout on green power bait off the bottom. If i were you, i would only bring an ice fishing pole because your not going to be able to cast at all inless you want to catch a fish inside another boat.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I talked to the guy that supplies the trout and he said that they actually tag a lot of trout but there were different color tags. He said that the green or maybe the yellow tags were for the money and that they had a drawing of some sort as well ???. He kind of lost me with all that he was spitting out so sorry if this sounds a little screwy, but if anyone knows more please help me out and clarify things.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I tlalked to one of the rangers on Wednesday. He said that if you catch a
tagged fish after the tournament, there won't be a payout. He said that
the insurance company wouldn't pay. To all of you who are going out there
tomorrow, good luck! I had problems with others crossing my line yesterday
with only 3 boats on the water. Imagine what tomorrow will be like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts