Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Aurora from 10AM to 2PM. Trolled a crawler harness with yellow/green spinners. Caught one fat trout, almost 5 lbs, full of eggs. Fish was caught 1/2 way into Senac near the east side. Others were catching some trout, saw one caught right at the boat dock. Talked to 3 other boats, most said "a few trout, pretty slow fishing".

·
Registered
769 Posts
If you are only going to get one trout, it helps when it is nearly 5lbs!!!
Way to go. Sure had to beat staying home and watching others catch fish on TV.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I fished Aurora Friday evening and 11-3 today from my float tube. I caught 4 trout friday and lost a small walleye right at closing time. Today I only found trout and landed about 10 before the cold water sent me packing. All fish were caught slow "trolling" fatheads on 4lb flurocarbon, quick strike rigs lead by 2 large split shot. I found numerous quality fish today on senac point and another large group of mostly smaller trout is roaming about 40 yards off the wind surfing beach. That water is still a little cold for a full day of float-tubing. Fish ran from 10-21 inches - some were dark males, some spawned out females, some females were still full of spawn too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tuber, you obviously had a good day, many more fish than we saw. By fatheads you mean the preserved type, not fathead jigs with bait. Am I correct?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Fisheyes - No I hate the preserved ones - I was using live fatheads from Gander Mountain. Stop in at the Aurora store and say hi to Donald, he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
I also fished Aurora saturday from noon till 130pm. Caught 3 bo's,a 12",14" and a 18" full of perfect eggs. All were caught on orange powerbait. I was fishing the dam just east of the crook. I also missed 10 bites or so. They were hitting light,often the line would go slack was the only indication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts