Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Aurora from 10AM to 2PM. Trolled a crawler harness with yellow/green spinners. Caught one fat trout, almost 5 lbs, full of eggs. Fish was caught 1/2 way into Senac near the east side. Others were catching some trout, saw one caught right at the boat dock. Talked to 3 other boats, most said "a few trout, pretty slow fishing".

·
Registered
45 Posts
I fished Aurora Friday evening and 11-3 today from my float tube. I caught 4 trout friday and lost a small walleye right at closing time. Today I only found trout and landed about 10 before the cold water sent me packing. All fish were caught slow "trolling" fatheads on 4lb flurocarbon, quick strike rigs lead by 2 large split shot. I found numerous quality fish today on senac point and another large group of mostly smaller trout is roaming about 40 yards off the wind surfing beach. That water is still a little cold for a full day of float-tubing. Fish ran from 10-21 inches - some were dark males, some spawned out females, some females were still full of spawn too.

·
Registered
16,866 Posts
I also fished Aurora saturday from noon till 130pm. Caught 3 bo's,a 12",14" and a 18" full of perfect eggs. All were caught on orange powerbait. I was fishing the dam just east of the crook. I also missed 10 bites or so. They were hitting light,often the line would go slack was the only indication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts