Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took advantage of the cloudy & calm conditions this evening and killed a couple dozen shiners at Aurora. The rainbows were on fire pretty much everywhere I went, which was mostly up and down the beach areas. I've posted a picture of tonight's smoker bow on the opening page my web site if you are interested. www.mjandben.com

Used my standard 4lb fluro quick strike rig with small live shiners. I was trolling very slowly from my float tube...but as agressive as they were I'ld bet spoons/spinners or small plugs would have been just as effective.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
nice fish man! I am as curious as the last guy, did you see any other flavors out there? Any wiper, bass, wallies? Its still probably to cold, but Im sure if you were out there late enough, you may find some wallies up by the swim beach.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Nice fish tuber!!.

How was the water while you were in your float tube? I was thinking about taking my pontoon boat out but I thought the water would be freezing.

Michael

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Very impressive fish!

Also impressive is a guy who can fish all day and come home in a clean T-shirt! ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys - didn't see any wipers yet. Total walleye count for me at aurora this spring stands at 2 - both shorts. No perch/bass/cats etc etc. I would guess that water is just too cold still for the wipers. I clearly haven't figured out the walleye spawn either... but I've got some hunches to check out this week.

WE - too funny - you caught me "dressing up" for the camera - next time I'll show you all the skanky fishing flannel.

G

·
hit aurora with a buddy today, froze, windy, cold, miserable...had a couple between us flip off near shore, lots of bites, no results, i feel like a rookie... too much wind for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.