Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out from about 4PM to 7PM today. Wind was still blowing. We were the only trailer in the lot. Fished the Marina area with spinners, bouyants and kastmasters. Also a few dead lines in the water with crawler and salmon eggs. Marked fish but.....Skunked.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was also there today from about noon to 4, fishing off of the dam near the scuba area. I got skunked using nightcrawlers and rainbow powebait, but the guys to either side of me were catching decent (10 - 12 inches) trout using live minnows and red "fireball" powerbait. The wind was horrible, but thankfully the dam provided a wind barrier. Also talked to a ranger. Said they will be stocking for the tournament on or about May 5th. Does anyone know how to register for the tourny there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also went out to Aurora on Sunday from about 2:00 to Dark. I got a strap for my belly boat and carried the boat on my back to Lone Tree Cove. Wind did not affect the cove as much so I had a great time. I found a place where runoff came into the lake and landed 4 Trout. One was 5lbs and had eggs coming out all over the place. I caught it on a green kastmaster. I also used a pink slinky plastic worm and caught about a 3 lb trout. No walleye.

If you don't mind walking or riding, the back coves are really fun. No people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts