Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fishing report is the same as the others that I have posted. The walleye bite is hot and the other species are coming into play. Lots of small walleye but a few 18+ inchers mixed in. Also the trout are still biting and looking mighty fat. I forgot the camera so no pics this time sorry.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Dam it, Based on all you reports I went to Aurora yesterday and got not'a. My arm still hurts from casting for 4hrs straight.

Ill try, try again!

Thanx

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
307 Posts
We went out Sunday for 3 hours and we caught a few 'bows trolling spoons. Last Thursday evening we went out for 4 hours and I caught one 18" eye jigging a curly tail grub in Senac and we caught several 'bows trolling. All-in-all decent fishing but not spectacular. It may be "hot" if you got it all figured out but obviously that's not us (my son and I). Any pointers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have found that my best fish are caught just after sun goes down. You can fish in a boat 30 minutes after sunset. You really have to watch the clock but they can be the best 30 minutes of fishing you ever get at Aurora. I have caught bass, walleye, large trout and even perch at this time. To bad you can not fish after dark there.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Roth,

It seems like you have been fishing everyday. when do you work? I fished a lot lately but I took two weeks off from work. This week I am trying to work 4- 12 hour days so I can go fishing on Friday.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
All my walleye the last few weekss have been before 11:00 AM with the wind blowing in. The day I caught 11 it was blowing so hard I had a hard time casting.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michael in Parker said:
Roth,

It seems like you have been fishing everyday. when do you work? I fished a lot lately but I took two weeks off from work. This week I am trying to work 4- 12 hour days so I can go fishing on Friday.
I work from 9pm to 6am so it leaves my days wide open for fishing. To be honest with you all, the bite didn't actually seem to start until around noon and me and my friend were pulling double after double in one small spot. In that spot we caught 25+ walleye, half a dozen trout, a 3lb smallie, and a 12-13 inch perch that looked like it had swallowed a baseball. It was FAT. There were a few fish earlier and normally that has been the better bite but they have been biting all day for the most part. I wouldn't say that the wind has to be blowing either I think it is more lure selection and location. I've never fished there when the sun is setting so I cannot speak for that time of day. I am planning on going out either Wed. or Friday morning or maybe both. If not Wed. morning then definetly Thrusday.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I won't be giving away my secret but a little tip that I can tell is to ditch the trout gear like the spinners and spoons. The trout seems to bite just about anything that you throw so rig up for the bass and walleyes and the trout will follow. Not that catching trout isn't fun but when you can catch all the above on certain lures then why limit yourself to just trout tackle.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One last little tip. Make sure that your presentation is slow. Though the bite has been hot my retreive has been slow and stay in contact with your lure. Hope this helps those that are having a tough time.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FishEyes said:
It may be "hot" if you got it all figured out but obviously that's not us (my son and I). Any pointers would be appreciated.
Please understand that I am not trying to brag about my lucky fishing as of lately, I am only trying to inform those that are going out that there is alot of activity going on at Aurora. My tactics are nothing out of the ordinary just take the time to try a few of the basics and I'm sure that your luck will change.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Its all good Roth,I know i appreciate the info,as well as the killer pics.Put in the time and have persistance and those fish are there for the catching.

lyn

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Don Broeren said:
Jay, what's up with you and Aurora? It seems like you struggle there!  ???
Last year I fished it 3 times and got something 2 times. Im not sure why I have a hard time there. As of late ive been having a hard time all over. Im 0-3 this year so far.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ashanhia said:
Where are you getting the 12-13 perch?
Rod
Just to clearify things we didn't catch 12-13 perch my friend caught one perch that was 12-13 inches. And the location will remain secret until further investigation, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Roth. Are the fish biting pretty hard or are you having to watch the line pretty close? When I went last week I thought I might had had some bites in between jerks but every time I went to set the hook, nothing.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gotmuskie? said:
Roth. Are the fish biting pretty hard or are you having to watch the line pretty close? When I went last week I thought I might had had some bites in between jerks but every time I went to set the hook, nothing.
The bites that I have been getting aren't very aggressive. When I make contact with my lure there seems to be a little more weight than normal so I set the hook hard. A few have hammered me pretty hard though. I like those kind of hits, there's no question as to what is happening.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts