Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is a day late, but I was tired last night.

Anyway, I went to Aurora yesterday around 3:00. The wind wasn't too bad so I set up the classic powerbait rig and also tossed out a 3 inch yellow tube jig. I got one hit on the tube jig. After awhile I moved and kept moving for the next couple of hours. Finally I settled right next to the sign where you can't fish left of it. I just hung out there for awhile and seemed to find them out about 50 feet. I missed three hits before finally nailing one. It was a nice rainbow about 14 inches long, which isn't too long, but that fish was fat. It looked like a football or something. This was at a quarter till 7:00. I was pretty tired and had a bunch of homework so I called it a day after that one fish. I don't have a digital camera, but whenever I finish this roll of film I'll post the picture I guess.

Good luck.

P.S. A man just toi the right of me caught one on a fly/bubble set up, but nothing else.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I fished Aurora on Sunday from 7:30 till 4:30. temp got to 48.7, We never got a fish or even a hit on anything we tried. I don't understand that place, My 11 year old says she never wants to go back there! We marked alot of fish in different areas but she said they were still sleeping, I think they will never wake up.

Dan in Elizabeth

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I went to Aurora yesturday (Monday). We got there at 10:30.  I think we started out where Mustang fished (just to the left of the swim beach?). Anyway, I caught one (nice sized rainbow) within maybe 10 minutes. Thought it was going to be an epic day! I road up w/ my wife & a buddy, and we were meeting another couple out there. They showed up just in time to see the fish. You should have seen how fast they set up!  ;D  4 hours later, 10 rods in the water between us, and nothing.  :(  We ate lunch, and moved to the fishing dock. I cast into the weeds, using power-bait (to windy for lures), after about 20 minutes I got another rainbow (love the size of Aurora trout  :)). We stayed till 5:45, and those were the only 2 we got.   

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not gonna lie, I have been to Aurora three or four times and this is the first time I've hooked up. Still I only got one fish in about four hours. I think maybe it's a waiting game and when the temp is up a few more degrees we will have more fish species to fish for. I think it is a good lil lake if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I fished Aurora Sunday 4/17 from about 5:00-7:30. 3 people, 4 poles, 0 hits. Used nightcrawls, PB, salmon eggs, fly/bubble, jigs, lures all to no avail. I've had great luck here in the past, but seem to be in a slump here lately. Saw 2 others around me, they had no luck either. Tons of people at the dam when I got there, but they were all gone by the time I left so I don't know if they cought anything.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hang in there all; let the water warm up just a bit more.

I was out at Aurora the weekend after it opened and fished it hard, also getting skunked. Catching trout on this lake is generally an easy event. But targeting and catching the walleyes, bass and wipers is the challenge. It will turn on.

Pete

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you go to Aurora make sure you don't leave your fishing license behind. I have been checked every time I have gone there. During the slow times on that lake I seem to have had the best success with the live minnow either on a slip bobber or on the bottom with 3-4 ft. of wiggle room from the weight. That has been true for trout. I have never caught anything else there although I know it has some great warm water fish.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same with Quincy. I haven't found it ucommmon to be checked two or even three times in a day by different rangers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts