Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off work at 6:30 this morning, still had some energy in me so I decided to cruise over to Aurora instead of Quincy for a change.    I fished off the dam from about 7-9:15.   The wind was up a bit and it was cold.    I toss out a few different lures, and nothing was working.  I had a lot of follow-ins but nothing was biting (tried tazmanian devils, kasty's, some mepps spinners), and saw a few fish swimming along the damn very close (10-15) and a few pretty sizeable fish from the looks of it. 

I did end up with one trout, and since all we ever see are fat rainbows posted up, I'll post up something a little different.  :)  This was caught on my trout go-to lure.  An old yellow rooster tail that my grandpa gave me when I was like 10.  lol. 

sorry about the quality, i forgot the camera in my rodeo.. had to use the cell phone.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I was there  yesterday, I got skunked while my son caught this on his spiderman pole, to make matters worse he was using a daredevil in looney tunes print and also had rusted hooks. 19 inches good eats

No shame in sharing the spot light

·
Registered
943 Posts
nice ;D i love when the kids catch fish

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your younger son's facial expression is CLASSIC! ;D I think that is how I look when I see someone else hold up a big fish too, ha...

M

·
0 Posts
OK so which one is better - Spiderman or Barbie? Also saw a Sponge Bob one the other day and was thinking since he lives in the sea, it may be more conducive to attracting fish.

All of this is just getting too complicated.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nice fish guys...
I went to Aurora after work tonight. Did not take the canoe so I fished from the west dam. Nothing...tried Power Bait on one pole and threw husky jerk, kastmaster, and 3" curly tail jig on the other pole for 1.5 hours. Nothing...

I am trying to catch some Walleye this spring but I have never fished for them before so I am a complete rookie. I have been to Aurora 2 times and Arvada 2 times and I have not caught any fish yet this spring!! So the entire way home (live in Arvada) I am questioning my manhood.

Then I come home to see a 9 year old catch a nice eye on a spiderman pole! Congratulations to the kid- that is a great fish...

I will now turn in my man card and take up figure skating.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Nice fish and kudos for taking the little guys...

There is an old theory that suggests little kids catch the biggest fish due to the fact that we only allotted so much luck...and little kids havent used any of theirs yet...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
bferg    correction.................not a 9 year old but 4and half year old....not to rub it in but this what he got last year out of quincy
The funny thing is that he was unabel to reel the big one, so he grab his pole and started to walk in the opposite direction...........
+

IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/yakatut/yousuf6.jpg[/IMG]

I have never caught bass that big

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yakatut said:
The funny thing is that he was unabel to reel the big one, so he grab his pole and started to walk in the opposite direction...........
Haha thats great, he is a smart kid. Most wouldnt of thought of that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Yakatut - I met you on the dam the other day...you netted a nice bow for me. That's a great fish - glad to see the youngsters having success!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts