Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for the day.  Found a leak in my waders but the fishing kept my mind off my frozen foot.  In all I caught 20+ walleye but only one was over 18 inches and just barely at that.  A few trout got a taste of my gammies as well, that will teach them guppies a lesson ;D.  Some of the eyes were really fat and some were still a little skinny.  The bite was kinda off and I had to coax the eyes into biting more than the other days.  Wasn't much wind so I wonder if that had anything to do with it. All in all a good day but not much change from before.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the fish are shallow right now. Anywhere from 8-15 feet of water seems to be working for me. Also look for these shallow waters next to main lake drop-offs. If the wind is blowing they seem to push toward that 8 foot mark. I caught one right off the boat dock as I was kicking in to leave.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I agree on the wind comment.
We were out there Saturday moring when the front came through. You talk about waves!
We beached the belly boats and waded out about knee deep. The walleye were stacked up about 20 yards out
and were lit up! They slammed hard and soft jerk baits for about an hour and a half. As the front passed the bites got slower. I know a chop turns them on but I was surprised
how active they were when the weather was really bad.
My little cove looked like the Pacific Ocean.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This might be old news but,
There was a 10lb eye taken at Aurora Res on Wed, April 19th. There is a pic on the walley central website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts