Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my favorite place at aurora today at 5:00. At first Nothing was biting, then caught a 14" rainbow and then as the sun went down I started catching walleye again. No 31 1/2" ones this time but one 18" one 20" and one 14" and a couple of other bites. I swear if they would let me stay out there one hour after dark I could have a ball catching those Walleye.

Anyway I actually got out of there one minute before 8:30 and I was only that late because the ranger wanted to measure my fish just as I was getting out of the water back in Lonetree Cove. It seems I am on their list now because I can not fish out there without one of the rangers stopping me and questioning me about one thing or the other. They did not check my liscence this time at least.

Good day at Aurora.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't mind at all telling you where! I was in lonetree cove justout from the out house. there are tons of fish in that area. The other night there was some kind of hatch and I must have seen over five hundred circles on the water within about an hour and a half. Some of those fish were jumping within 5 feet of me. And that is just the trout. I also know there are bass and walleye in there.

Every time I catch something off the bottom it is pretty big. I have caught 3 - 5 lbs trout off the bottom and one 10.2 walleye off the bottom. Oh, there are also perch in there to.

I catch most of my fish with a pink flourescent worm. I don't know the name of them but they are very flexible and the least jerk on the pole creates great action on this worm. In fact I usually just put my poles in their holders, drop the worm to the bottom, come up about one foot and just let the movement of my belly boat do the rest. It seems to work real well.

Now, the walley I caught, I was fishing 20' from shore in my waders and was using a dark green kastmaster.

One other thing, it seems that the most action I get is just after the sun goes behing the mountains which means you have about 30 minutes before you get on your bike and pedal like mad to get out of their on time. I am always hoping I don't have a flat.

I still have not seen the droves of people that are supposedly going to fish there because of the big walleye I caught. I am still by myself most of the time

·
Registered
200 Posts
A most excellent post, I fish aurora alot and have had pretty good luck all over the place. The Rangers are a nightmare, at least one is. I got a fifty dollar ticket for drifting inside the bouys at the tower, wasnt even that close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts