Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the pleasure of fishing with Herb today on his boat. The fishing was terrible, but it was a pleasure to meet and fish with another site member!

I lost a fish jigging a Power minnow right off the bat and herb lost one on a jig two hours later. That was it? No walleye this week, or trout or bass for that matter. Didn't see anyone else catch anything else either. I guess I was due for the skunk out there?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Any ideas on what happened to the decent bite at Aurora? Someone posted that they dumped minnows in the lake for forage before the tournament. Thoughts?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't know that it was minnows, maybe they were just talking about the stocker trout that get eatin by the fish out there. I did find a giant school of small perch last time out right before I got into that 4.5 lb walleye that I posted. My guess was that she was looking for a snack. I am going out some time this week and I'll let you guys know if I see any baitfish or catch anything. Wish me luck sounds like I might need it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
When we beached our boat before the tournament we saw serveral dead minmows around the beach area. During the tournament there were several gulls diving down into schools of bait fish, every gull came up with a fish in it's mouth. Maybe there is something to the minnow dumping to feed the fish before the tournament.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aurora has always had a large population of Spottail Shiners. But for some reason I haven't really seen them this year? Maybe that is why the walleye fishing has been so good this year? As soon as the perch pull off their spawn, walleye fishing will get tough!

May be time to start fishing for smallies ;D

Anybody been chasing the Wipers along the dam?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts