Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lady and I had some excellent action on Monday afternoon - going 4 for 12 on large wipers. The 4 landed were 24, 25, 27 and 30 inches. Mary Jo had a hell of a good time fighting these guys. Pictures are up at www.mjandben.com - one on the home page, others in the fishing photos area. We were fishing from shore and all the fish were caught on live bait while sight fishing to large schools in 1-4 ft of water. Went back last night and they were all gone, well at least they weren't visible in the extreme shallows??? The spawning activity does seem to be winding down... so I don't think this pattern will last much longer.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Great photo! The smile alone is worth the price of admission.
When you started the thread with "My lady and I had some excellent action" I thought the moderators would have to
move this to the off topic section . JK..
Great job of finding and catching those elusive freight trains!

·
Registered
24,638 Posts
Nice job Tuber and company...looks like Monday was the Holy Grail day and I stayed home and cleaned the garage and worked on the boat...those massive school days only happen a couple times during their psuedo spawn and I think I missed it...but glad someone got out there...that is so awesome when they are like that...like a huge pack of sharks with huge submarine figures swimming everywhere...the day was earlier last year around the 21st of May (hooked 7 and landed 5)...so maybe there is still hope...ran into one of your buddies out their last night...he got there about an hour before me...we didnt see signs of fish...the wind was too strong cross wind style to fish effectively...and it looked like lightening any second so I bailed...who knows maybe one or two this weekend...nice job Ben and Fiance'!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'ld say start with leeches...experiment from there. I heard there was a HUGE wiper caught and released today on a crayfish... I've seen them eating trout many times over the past week too, so i'm sure minnows or crankbaits will work too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts