Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the late report but I went out yesterday and fished for a few hours.  Things were a lot slower than they have been but I managed to catch a handful of walleye, a few trout, and a 12.5" jumbo perch.  I don't know if the cold front shut them down but I am going to keep at it.  Good luck to all.

How's this for a jumbo perch

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Re: Aurora 5/3

A hand full of walleye does not sound bad.... Besides, it can't be all great all the time, it is fishing after all.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Aurora 5/3

The walleyes are all over the lake but I would concentrate my efforts in Senac cove in about 10-20 foot of water.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
haf2fish said:
Roth2000 how much did the perch weigh? The state record is 12.5 inches and 2.5#. Nice job with the perch and the eyes.
That record is bs, a perch would need to be at least 15.5" to weigh that much...I would guess roth's weighs about 1.5 pounds. It is a beautiful perch!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I posted awhile back with a perch my son caught in Washington Park. It was 13" inches and weighed a pound, but didn't have nearly the belly that yours has. BTW, it was worth a master angler award from DOW. I just sent in the picture on his behalf and used myself as a witness. It arrived in the mail 2 weeks ago. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/AwardsRecords/MasterAnglers/

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dan said:
That fish needs to go on a serious diet!

Dan
No that fish needs to go IN my diet.

Yakatut said:
Roth .... I will pay you $500.00 for your rabbits foot.
I've got a half dozen, how many do you need.  I can always use a new rod and reel.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Kinda pricey for a rabbits foot, Dan has a new hat that works pretty well, and I bet you could get it for a little over two bucks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TFB, I totally agree with you regarding the perch record being BS! There is no way in hell that a 12.5" perch weighed over 2lbs unless it was stuffed with lead. I haven't caught many jumbo perch but I was lucky enough to catch on this winter that was a full 14.5". I thought I had a chance at the record so I took it to King Soopers and had it weighed. Was disappointed when the deli lady told me was only 1 lb 10 oz. I've attached a pic. as you can see this was a female with a belly full of eggs.

This is the first time posting a pic so hopefully it works. here goes...

ps - I caught it in a metro Denver pond. Won't say which one, not because it's that good but just because people will think that it is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts