Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lit up the wipers tonight - fished 3 hrs after work and went 2 for 6 with a third just eluding the net at the last second. The fish measured were 27" and 29" about 8 to 10lbs the fish lost at the net was a bit smaller. Sorry no pics this time. Same tactics same places...both landed fish were leaking goo so the "fake spawn" is clearly on. The cruising schools were abundant - saw hundreds of fish tonight.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Nice catch , at least it's not lake X , but did you place an X on the ground where you were fishing and with instructions as well ?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I love catching those fish! Nice to hear they are strill running.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caught the fish from shore and yes they fight like hell - been spooled twice this spring.  Sorry - I don't want to give away my favorite shore locations at a 100% public lake to hundreds of "lurkers".  Here are some tips tho: buy some good polarized sun glasses and actively search out the schools -  wear your comfortable walking shoes.  Once you find them...don't spook them off. Like Zman said - they are more skitterish than heavily fished stream trout.   Last tip is to be patient - I'm averaging about 1 take for every 2 hours of fishing time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts