Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a late start and did'nt start untill around 07:30. When you work mids it is hard to get to sleep early enough to get up at 0445 on off days. Anyways lake was real calm to begin with. went to senac cove and caught nothing notta zip. tried everything to and then the wind started coming up and there was I swear three footers out there I was getting all tossed around in my pontoon. Tried to drift back with a rainbow pattern worm harness but it was a struggle with no results. Luckily got everything in the truck about 5 minutes before the hail came. I cant figure out these colorado lakes uggghhh very frustrating guess i need to get the big boat ready and see what happens.

M

·
0 Posts
i find aurora to be very tricky, i cant catch anything there, but i need to get my $$s worth out of the combo quincy aurora pass i got, so ill get out there soon

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've also found Aurora to be a tough lake. Is anybody catching anything there except for the huge Wipers off the NW corner of the dam? Please help us out.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i have always had luck with spoons with red on them .cast them out let them sink and jig back to you. also caught alot of trout on skinny minnow plugs with lots of brown in them. the floating type cast them out reeel real fasto get down then pause and repeat. they love that. hope this helps

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks, afishman, I'll give those ideas a try next time I am there. Skunked two times in the past few weeks. We didn't get a bite trying a lot of different lures, baits, etc. We've been fishing Quincy from shore lately having a lot more fun than getting the skunk at Aurora in a boat :mad:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts