Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to Aurora late...thank you work...ahhhh its great to be back <extreme sarcasm>...really nice for a half an hour...walked the entire dam...no sign of wipers...then hurricane east wind as a storm came in...wind and rain is ok...but dont care for being the tallest item at Aurora...so I left for Chatfield...throwing Rapalas...in the dark...immediately missed one at my feet...had a heavy boot on for 10 seconds before it got off...think it was a walleye since it had that "boot" feel...had another hit at my feet as I was lifting the lure out...kind of swirled...think it was an active smallie...finally caught a fish around 11:30...20 inch Rainbow...put it back...fished for a while longer and quit...not too exciting...worried the eyes have moved to deeper water...gonna have to get the boat out...

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Craig...

I can do that...what kind of tackle (standard jigs/bait rigs/lures)...want me to bring food...I can hit Subway or something...I may bring some wiper morsels to dead stick...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You can bring some food for yourself if you want , last few times out was to busy reeling in fish to eat and I usually dont eat to much in the morning anyway . ha , hope that happens again! and tackle to bring , well lets see. rod and reel. slip weight, and a # 8 hook ! don't tell anyone about my secret set up ! I have all the tackle needed.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kewl...I will eat breakfast and skip the food...works for me...reeling in fish works just fine...hoping he hasnt angered the Cherry Creek fish Gods thereby sewing all fish lips shut...I will just bring a small wallet sized box of walleye items that work for me...and maybe something for the wiper...

·
Registered
21 Posts
sorry for just jumpin' in craig & zman... but had to say good luck on saturday! I caught another little 16"er (walleye) last night at the point by the marina (from shore). that's only 8 walleyes for me this year though. 5 of the 8 have been nice (15 - 19 inches, fat little bellies), while 3 were like 6" {All at Cherry Creek}. Only been here in CO for 3 years <from Wisconsin>, but this seems to be a good year for Walleye at Cherry Creek. It's pretty much the only place I fish... and haven't been skunked since the 1st two times I've been out this year. Anywho; good luck! I'll catch you out there one of these days. I caught that one last night ... on a spinner bait!!! I know you can't & won't believe that, because I would never believe it either, but as God is my witness, 1st cast, Double Willow Blade, Red & White skirt, 1ST CAST, 16" walleye off of a bass bait. Threw the dam thing 100 times after that and not a nudge. Sank crawlers, casted Rapalas, did everything imagineable, and the only thing that caught a fish, the Red & White skirt SpinnerBait! UNBELIEVABLE (and 100% true)!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
thanks for the good luck , although when the walleye's are there , it doesn;t take much to catch them, evan someone unskilled as me ! caught 53 at chery creek last week end !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts