Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
sorry for just jumpin' in craig & zman... but had to say good luck on saturday! I caught another little 16"er (walleye) last night at the point by the marina (from shore). that's only 8 walleyes for me this year though. 5 of the 8 have been nice (15 - 19 inches, fat little bellies), while 3 were like 6" {All at Cherry Creek}. Only been here in CO for 3 years <from Wisconsin>, but this seems to be a good year for Walleye at Cherry Creek. It's pretty much the only place I fish... and haven't been skunked since the 1st two times I've been out this year. Anywho; good luck! I'll catch you out there one of these days. I caught that one last night ... on a spinner bait!!! I know you can't & won't believe that, because I would never believe it either, but as God is my witness, 1st cast, Double Willow Blade, Red & White skirt, 1ST CAST, 16" walleye off of a bass bait. Threw the dam thing 100 times after that and not a nudge. Sank crawlers, casted Rapalas, did everything imagineable, and the only thing that caught a fish, the Red & White skirt SpinnerBait! UNBELIEVABLE (and 100% true)!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts