Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
I wonder what the odds are for a person to catch the big $$ fish during the tourney? What would be better odds, catching THE fish or hitting powerball? Any statisticians out there?

I'll wager a ham sandwich, no one is 25 g's richer tonight!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think anyone caught the $25,000 Grand Prize. I saw some nice 'bow at the weigh-in station. But, in general the fishing wad fair. People were catching fish but they were pretty small. Awesome mornin' .... Afternoon windy.... 3 pm nice again.

I did not catch one fish or even a bit. But, I was not alone.

Went to Quincey Rez after tournament hoping I won't get "shunked", but as it turns out I got "DOUBLE SHUNKED!!!!"

If anyone was at the Aurora Rez and smelled a Skunk that was me and SORRY!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
The wife and I was there this morning at 8:30 AM to take some pics. We were told at the Weigh Station that there were around 100 less boats on the water than last year. And, one this is for sure, for the hour or so we were there, we didn't see/hear about anyone getting excited about a trout catch. Before leaving, we stopped by the Dam and there wasn't nearly as many people fishing as we were told there would probably be. In fact, two Eagle Claw PR people showed up at the Dam (giving out baseball caps) and they even thought that there would be more people at this event. We didn't go back at 3 PM to see who won, but while we were at the Reservor, we did see some very nice prizes that were for "weigh-in" winners.
We wouldn't necessarily call the Tournament a "flop", but it sure wasn't exciting while we were there.
Cody

·
Registered
51 Posts
Was out at Aurora after the tourney... talked to ranger who advised they had 650 fisherman and only one tagged fish was caught---- the winner took the boat per the ranger

·
Registered
200 Posts
Big fish was 4.2 pounds, it was the only tagged fish caught and the biggest. they gave the kid choice of the boat ($3400 value) or the $750 prize for firsty tagged fish. I thought they should give him both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts