Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,684 Posts
Use the electric to "pull" it on. Get up a good head of steam and Lift the electric by hand just b4 you enter the trailer. Can be tricky if it's windy. This is how I do it at Atown.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I come into the windward side of that ridiculous dock with my boat bumpers on the appropriate side of the boat. Even prior to launching, I make sure that the bumpers attached to the dock pilings are adjusted properly on both sides of the dock since the wind shifts often out there. The piling bumpers are often cockeyed and have their metal buckles positioned to scrape your new boat. After landing the boat, I tie it off on both ends, back in the trailer and pull the boat far enough onto the trailer to attach the boat winch and crank it onto the trailer. That has to be the most insanely idiotic design for a boat dock in all of Christendom. Even with the above diligent preparations, your boat will seldom be unscathed when loading/unloading there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree that it's not as bad as I made it seem but the design frustrates the hell out of me. Wiggles is right about scrapes to a new boat being inevitable. The first cut is the deepest......

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wanted to get out tomorrow, since everyone else has to work, i wanted an easy place to solo launch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I come into the windward side of that ridiculous dock with my boat bumpers on the appropriate side of the boat. Even prior to launching, I make sure that the bumpers attached to the dock pilings are adjusted properly on both sides of the dock since the wind shifts often out there. The piling bumpers are often cockeyed and have their metal buckles positioned to scrape your new boat. After landing the boat, I tie it off on both ends, back in the trailer and pull the boat far enough onto the trailer to attach the boat winch and crank it onto the trailer. That has to be the most insanely idiotic design for a boat dock in all of Christendom. Even with the above diligent preparations, your boat will seldom be unscathed when loading/unloading there.

That dock is suitable for a peer but not for docking boats. If I go to Aurora again I may just walk the boat over to the sand and avoid the 'peer'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts