Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I hit Aurora today. Fished from a bout 7:30-1:00. Weather satrted out ok but just got worse. Cold, Wind and rain. Water temp was 58 everywhere we went. Total count was 2 trout, 1 Bass and about 40 perch. All the perch were caught on little jigs tipped w/ worms. I got the Trout and bass on a Minnow under a slip float. Trolled for alittle while and got a few bumps but that was it. As we were leaving the wind picked up and we nearly got stuck out there as one of our backup batterys was shot.

All in all a pretty good day.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don Broeren said:
Good job Jay. ;) Skunk buster?
How big were the perch?

Aside for about 3 or 4 they were all little guys. Skunk Busted!!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
831 Posts
Jay, where on the lake did you catch the largemouth?
I've caught only small ones in the marina cove. All others have been smallmouth. How deep were the perch 15-20 ft? Looks like you had a pretty good day weather considering.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The perch were in 13-17ft of water. We'd drop down our jig to the bottom and bring it up a few ft. We just watched the sonar and as soon as we saw a cloud we knew we would get bit. As soon as the cloud was gone, so were the bites.

The bass was in about 10 ft. of water with the minnow about 8ft down from the float. All fish were caught in Senac cove on the SW side of it about half way in.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice fishing, Jay!
I'm still laid-up at home from the hip surgery, but once I can fully walk again, I want to try some shore fishing at Aurora.
Cody (cowboy)

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan said:
Jay, were you fishing the point between Senac and the Marina Coves? (for the perch)

Dan

No, we were about half way into the cove. About 500ft NW of the first big tree.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Nice looking bass, always good to throw the skunk overboard.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, But if I had to guess Id say it was around 16-17in.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts