Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got ou to Aurora on Saturday about 6:45 Am and fished until 11:30.  Lots of bites, but I only managed to to reel in this stocker bow.  Was a cold day with a little snow around 9:00.  I was fishing with nightcrawlers on the bottom.  The bites were soft and a little hard to detect.  The wind out there had to be at least 50 miles, but I was fishing from the dam which blocked a lot of the north wind.  Although I almost always release, I kept this 13" bow and made some fish nachos for the broncos game!

I

·
0 Posts
Big wind can really put a damper on things but at least you didnt get the skunk, Fish Nachos, that sounds pretty good, Nice fish anyway

Y

·
0 Posts
I was out there on Sat. as well fishing off the dam from 8:00 till 2:00. Managed to land 5 bows, all stockers with the first fish being the largest at about 15". 2 were caught on powerbait and 3 on egg sacs, all went back in the water. The only nice thing about the wind was that I could cast a lure about 100 yards....tried a bunch of lures without any bites but had a bite on just about every cast with the bait fished on the bottom...but as atownbasser said the bites were quick and lite and were very tough to set the hook...had 6 or 7 fish on that got off....Everybody that was fishing next to me seemed to have the same fate...lots of bites very few landed...but it was fun doing some shore fishing for a change. It was my first trip to aurora and I was a little surprised at how close people would set up next to me when the whole dam only had about 20 people on it....but I guess that is to be expected at a metro area reservoir...I bet the dam is combat fishing in the summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts