Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decide to go out to aurora today got there at 130 and left at 330. the first hour sucked the wind was blowing hard and i was gettin no bites. so decided to move and a few hundred yards from where i was at and that was all it took. The fishin became HOT took a little bit to figure out what they wanted.(salmon eggs) ended up catching 6 in about 45min with the biigest being 19" and the smallest was 15". I finally Killed the skunk ;D it was my first time out there. It just may have been beginners luck i will post pics soon as i get my assistant to help me.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I was at Aurora today as well and caught 5 trout on night crawlers , one being close to 19 iches. Also had several bites in addition. I was fishing in a boat directly off the senac point. I spoke with a couple of guys that caught 10 walleyes using soft minnow platics. Overall, a good fishing day.

Michael

R

·
0 Posts
Aurora has some nice fish! I was there from noon till 5:30, landed 7 lost serveral on Z-Ray lures. Nicest one went 17", spawning cause it sprayed all over the boat!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
FishEyes said:
May I ask what Z-Ray lures are?
They look like this:

I mostly have pink and black ones, Ronnie what color were you using? Ive only ever used them for salmon, the one in the picture is a frog pattern for bass. They are like most spoons though, designed for multiple species.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
Or is that what you do to all the prices to make it look like they were on clearance? >:D
Shhh my girl reads this forum sometimes. >:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also went to Aurora today. We got there about 8 and left by 1:30 when the wind blew us off the lake. We caught 11 and lost 7. Biggest one was 20" and weighed just over 2.5 lbs. Not a bad day fishing at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whats up with the annual state parks pass not working at Aurora???  I wasn't aware of this rule and they gave me a $25 ticket.  I think that is a load of crap, a state pass that doesn't work everywhere.  What a rip-off.

Also, does anyone catch any wipers out of Aurora? What do you use to catch them. I've never caught one, and would love to add that to my list.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
IceholeGypsy said:
Whats up with the annual state parks pass not working at Aurora??? I wasn't aware of this rule and they gave me a $25 ticket. I think that is a load of crap, a state pass that doesn't work everywhere. What a rip-off.

Also, does anyone catch any wipers out of Aurora? What do you use to catch them. I've never caught one, and would love to add that to my list.
State Parks Pass only works on State parks. National Parks Pass only works in National parks. Aurora isnts a state park.

R

·
0 Posts
I mostly have pink and black ones, Ronnie what color were you using?
I was using silver with red spots, a little bigger size than the one in your pic!

I saw some LARGE fish on my locator hugging bottom in about 20' of water about 100yds off the swim beach, could have been Wiper?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I was out there yesterday as well. When me & my gal got there about 11am the dam was packed with people, so we hiked about a mile around the east side. I kept feeling the strangest feeling on my line. Not the normal tug just like something bumping it. When I would reel in the bait was gone. Thought it was maybe smaller fish, but one time reeling in slowly I saw something moving fairly quickly towards my line. I felt the same bump bump. I reeled in very slow & there was a nice 6 to 7 inch crawdad on my worm.

At about 2pm the dam had cleared out so we walked over there. My gal got the first bow, little 11" guy & we threw him back (waves were coming in & got soaked doing it). On my next cast I couldnt get my line to get taunt, would reel till almost taunt then slack. Repeated this over & over. Finally looked down at the line in the water & there is 11" bow on my line. Truly a "surpise" fish. We tried to release him but there wasnt any life in him. Little while later got a 14" bow. We decided to pack up then as it was about 530pm.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ronniefish, I tried trolling kasty spoons, silver/blue silver/orange, gold, perch colored, with various weights (also flatlining) for a few hours and didn't get a hit. I was out there in the wind about the same time as you were.
I wonder if red was the magic color? Were you trolling those lures or casting?

·
Registered
19 Posts
kastmaster 1/4 or bigger smokin on eastside of lake start at the end of scuba area (waders if u got um ) and go south . i caught none smaller than 17 in .all spawning .so please put the spawning fish back so we can keep the gene pool strong with big fish . oh yea dont get stuck in the mud :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hopefully the wind will die down and little on Monday morning when I give
it a try. If it's anything like today, it I can troll with a sailboat. ;D Thanks
for letting me know that someone's catching fish there!

M

·
0 Posts
IceholeGypsy said:
Whats up with the annual state parks pass not working at Aurora??? I wasn't aware of this rule and they gave me a $25 ticket.
Aurora and Quincy are private lakes owned by the City of Aurora. Here's a link to help you find the State Parks where your pass is good... http://parks.state.co.us/. Before you know it, your passenger side window will be full of stickers. So far this year I only have the Arapahoe National Forest, Colorado State Parks Pass, and the Cherry Creek Sticker. Before the summer is over, I'll also have the Nebraska State Parks Pass (Lake Mac) and maybe others.

R

·
0 Posts
Fisheyes, I was anchored out in Marina Cove casting toward shore and bringing it in. There were times when a hit would come once in a great while, then there were times I would get a hit every cast. I think they were cruising the shorelines, and when a pod would come in it was nonstop for a few minutes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks ronniefish for the help, I was trolling in much deeper water... 20 to 30' mostly in Senac and out from Senac point. I was marking numerous fish but could not get them to hit the kastmasters. It sounds like the trout were cruising the shorelines and hungry. Over the past two years I've frequently observed trout being caught around the Marina.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Fished aurora on 02-25-06 from 1:00 to 3:30, had lots of bites but the timing is off. Managed to hook one rainbow and decided to let my 4 year old reel it in. When he got it close to shore it was a whopper! I took the pole back from him the fished flopped back in water and then came off the hook. I got an earfull from my son. Should have just let him run the show.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts