Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may of had a worse day there before, but I can't remember it ??? No wind, it was like a dead sea today. I fished for 5 1/2 hours a didn't see, much less catch a walleye or bass today. I'm sure they have dispersed back into the lake now that the spawn is over, but I didn't expect it to be this bad! Probably time to fish out of tube or boat now? I tried grubs, tubes, jerkbaits, power minnows and snapping spoons.

The Wipers haven't started cruising the dam yet, but there must of been a 100 bows and cutts spawning. They were all over the place, but no one was catching anything. Ranger said someone caught a 17 lb Wiper the other day after they stocked trout!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I was out there yesterday afternoon and the conditions were the same. Flat, then a little chop, then flat again.
In my usual fashion, I was fishing for walleye and smallies
with soft plastics and caught four rainbows instead.
Seems like the warmer the water gets the harder they hit
the bait. On my first cast I had something about yank the rod out of my hands, but could not set the hook.
Tried tube jigging and drop shotting but no luck. The trout all hit at about 4-8 ft depth.
Neal, I've been using roboworms dropshotting with no luck.
What are you using?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All spring I have been using jerkbaits and snap jigging Power Minnows. That is all I have needed until today? Saw some really big trout today!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Aurora 5/1

It seems that Aurora is still fishing well IMO. I hadn't been out in over a week but the pattern is still the same.  I was out for half the day and caught 19 walleye, 2 trout, and 1 jumbo perch.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My pattern for the fish is still the same and producing like the last couple of weeks. Hopefully your guys luck will change.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Re: Aurora 5/1

Nah I'm only the prince waiting to take my place. I owe all my knowledge of that lake to my friend Thomas, he's the one wearing the crown at that lake.

·
Registered
831 Posts

That's a lovely stringer of death.
Poor little fellas had to suffer the rath of Roth.
Looks like you had a great day and you get the mayor of Aurora award for this week. Tight lines.

·
Registered
674 Posts

I have been fishing in a lot of different places. The pattern seems to be in the small coves in about 12-15 foot of water. The bite started a little later in the morning today. Sorry but I'm not going to paint the exact rock or stick or whatever for that matter. There is something to be said for figuring things out for yourself. I will tell you that the fish were biting on a jighead with different types of plastics. In all I have probably caught 75-100 walleyes within the last month and a half, most were below 18". Spend the time and figure it out and you can do the same.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I probably made a bad choice hitting the dam today instead of walking back into Senac or Lonetree? Nice stringer!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have been catching the fish both ways. I fish two rods at a time, one directly below me and the other I use to cast. The fish that I catch on my dead stick have all been below 18" no matter what I am using.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Roth 2000..................I will buy you a steak dinner..................teach me your ways...............................

1 - 18 of 18 Posts