Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty slow. Caught 3 walleye's in almost five hours. Caught two on Power minnows the first 30 minutes and lost a decent Eye. Then went about three hours with out a hit. Tried jerkbaits, grubs and snapping spoons.

Decided to fish for trout because some big bows kept following my jerkbaits. Also saw some Wipers starting to cruise the dam. Didn't have any leechs, so I used my favorite trout lure (the Vibra Fin Leech). Caught a 19" Eye on the third cast then nothing for a hour. Finally got rained on and decided to go home :mad:

Mort is was nice meeting you! Hope you find this site!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Off the dam again. I do well there and wading back in Senac, every year till about late June, then most of the fish are out of my reach! I think I will get a pontoon like Roth has! It is pretty slick!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Neal,

I was out there on Sunday back in Lonetree Cove and only landed two small trout in about 3 hours. I talked to another fisherman in a boat and he told me they put in over 10,000 minnows just a week ago. I am sure that is not a ton of fish but I just wonder if they could have waited till after the tournament. I decided when I heard that, no sense to go to the tournament and brave all those people. I also found out that they are allowing 60 boats and they were up to 52. I am sure it would be fun but to crowded for me.

Hope your do well if you go!

LOL

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those little trout smolts are history ;D The Wipers were cruising today and the walleye seem very hungry this year. The fish I kept today was very thin and had nothing in its stomach. I have yet to see a school of spottails this year?

Last year about the first or second week of June, all the flooded brush in Senac and Marina bay were swarming with young of the year Perch and fishing was tough. I have yet to see alot of baitfish along the dam?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I agree with you Neal I haven't seen much in the way of baitfish this year whether it be the shiners or small perch. The rule of that lake seems to be eat or get eaten cause all the fish are quality. I believe that I have found a few small perch by the bites that I have had but no proof of it. When you get that pontoon we'll hook up and hammer on them together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts