Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Aurora today with good results. Fised the W dam. Fist cast I got a small stocker. Threw out a leech on a slip float at about 7ft and got 2 smallies. One was 14in and the other 15.5. Fat little buggers. Moved down the dam alittle to the N and got 2 Nice walleyes. One was 17in and the other 18in. Great fight in both. Got those on a siler and green kroc spoon. Was going to fish the corner of the dam but there was a Power Baiter there all morning. Fished from about 5:45am till 10:00am.

[me=Jay_In_Parker]  [/me]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Jay--have yet to try Aurora but want to soon. Is it a good Walleye fishery? Is it fishable with a larger boat running electric only? Can you give me any pointers on areas to try? Thanks shad

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was fishing from shore but did see alot of boats catching fish. Didnt really see what they were using but the boats that were cathing fish were trolling slow so I can only assume they were lindy rigging. This is only the second time ive fished it this year but Ive heard good storys about the walleye numbers.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info--you have me excited to try somewhere new--will try and make it out there sometime soon. Will give you a report soon. Shad

·
Registered
405 Posts
Rigthon Jay.

Love Aurora, I have only been to it once this year though.

Shadrap, Aurora has excellent boat ramps and you can launch any boat you can get around in, with an electric trolling motor, no gas powered boats allowed.

If you'r fishing out of a heavier boat and plan to fish it all day, make sure you have a back up battery as it can get windy and and fishing into headwinds or trying to get back to the ramp in head winds can easily draw down your battery. Aurora is a good size lake, and one can easily try to motor around it all day, and draw down a battery if you're not keeping an eye on it.

Lotsa trout, Walleyes, Wipers, perch and Small Mouth Bass.

M

·
0 Posts
good to hear an aurora report, i havent been thee in forever, ill have to put that on my list, school is slowing my fishing down though

F

·
0 Posts
its cool to see that you respected the baitfisherman enough to leave his spot alone ....I wish everyone that fished the lakes and ponds I do had the same respect....

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fishinguitars said:
its cool to see that you respected the baitfisherman enough to leave his spot alone ....I wish everyone that fished the lakes and ponds I do had the same respect....

Baitfisherman? is PowerBait really a bait?? :) :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
943 Posts
depends on whether its stinky or not right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts