Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning on trying Aurora res this weekend. If you have any hints on were and what to use we would be greatfull. We would like to catch some perch or crappie.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
The big perch there are almost harder to find than the walleye? If you have a boat I would concentrate on the south end along Marina cove and Senac. Smallmouth fishing is excellent right now!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good luck catching crappie too. Of all the times that I have fished that reservoir I have never caught one nor seen anyone else catch one. I heard that they are in there but I'm becoming more and more sceptical.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Also, be careful as to when you visit, as the kids fishing derby is Saturday from 8 a.m. until noon. There will be alot of kids running around. Just an FYI.

As for crappie, I have never heard of one coming out of there either. But I hear they are there.
Scott

H

·
0 Posts
The best luck that I have had on perch at Aurora is along the eastern shoreline from Senac cove all the way back towards the dam. Stay in about 6 to 12 feet of water.  A small curly tail jig with a piece of crawler works well, if you can keep the crawdads off.  Not many of keeper size, but good numbers if you are just looking to catch fish.  I've also caught a few crappie while anchored to the trees in the back of Senac cove. None were ever big enough to keep. Good luck.   

1 - 6 of 6 Posts