Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished off the dam at Aurora tuesday from Noon till 4pm.Parked in the east lot by scuba area and hoofed it to the first "no fishing" sign before the tower.Tossed an egg sac on bottom and threw a twister for a while. Changed to P-bait and while chucking some metal I hear a splash and there goes the p-bait pole. ****!!! I madly dash to where the pole had been and start fan-casting a large croc and finally on the 8 or 9th cast I feel something and I keep reeling and its my line! I feel the fish on the right so I hand over hand pull in my rod then reel in the fish.Its a 16.5" bo.Looks like the day will be allright after all.I caught 3 more bo's in this spot and missed two. They were absolutely CRUSHING the Power bait.

Here's the biggest,a 17.5"er.

At 215pm I headed to the crook of the dam and again got CRUSHED on the p-bait by a 14 and 15" bo.The wind came up and I went from a t-shirt to all my clothes.The bite died and I headed back towards the car but stopped and fished next to the scuba area till 415 but no more bites.

Here's a pic of the blizzard in my back yard:

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Wow... glad you got your pole back, I hate losing those things. Alot of nice looking fish there, good old fashion powerbaiting. haha. :p

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
afishman said:
slayer using powerbait? i guess he is half mortal after all ;D
Hey,man I give 'em what they want.I used to try beating the fish over their heads with a particular lure or bait,but I've become flexible in my old age.I can catch fish on a #22 midge or a big blob of power bait!It's all good!

Y

·
0 Posts
Hey Slayer, do you have a favorite color of P-bait ? I found through trial and error that rainbow or orange work best .....those are the only two colors I can catch bows on .....I have tried about half the other colors Berkley makes with no success...and all the other P-bait wannabes don't work for me either.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was turned onto the rainbow color and it seems to be the ticket.The cheapest kind (no glitter,non-turbo) seems to work the best.

·
Registered
943 Posts
the only power bait i ever caught a fish on was the power nuggets hatchery formula that i cant find any more ???

·
Registered
943 Posts
i killed them on that stuff. it didn't come in a jar.it came in the same type of package as their power worms

·
Registered
279 Posts
The nuggets worked awesome for me when I could find them. Now I have to order them from the factory to get them and they are really expensive with shipping and handling. I pay $7.75 for them. For regular power bait I use fluorescent red, orange, blue, white, rainbow, and fluorescent yellow. All these baits do good for me.

Slayer-Awesome fish! Great report!

What is the best way to get to Aurora?? ???

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's south of Quincy Avenue at Powhaton road,a couple miles east of E-470. Right behind Arapaho Park horse track.Only problem is it cost 5 bucks a day.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NinerRick said:
Could be worse!   Carter Reservoir costs $7.00 per vehicle so if you bring in
a boat it's $14.00

Nice report and fish!
Man,14 bucks does s*ck big time! 5 aint so bad..

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
NinerRick said:
Could be worse!   Carter Reservoir costs $7.00 per vehicle so if you bring in
a boat it's $14.00

Nice report and fish!
Man,14 bucks does s*ck big time! 5 aint so bad..
Its $5 each for vehicle and boat at Union too.  But don't go giving Aurora any ideas about charging for a vehicle and a boat too!  I am very suprised they have not jumped on that band wagon to make money.

Dan

F

·
0 Posts
I always catch bigger fish on orange power bait .....then any other color for some reason

1 - 20 of 40 Posts