Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't catch a fish here. I asked different guys a month apart if anyone has caught anything and they both laughed and said not that I've heard of. Is this pond empty? Should I be fishing for walleye or trout or what! Year pass has been a serious waste of money.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I can't catch a fish here. I asked different guys a month apart if anyone has caught anything and they both laughed and said not that I've heard of. Is this pond empty? Should I be fishing for walleye or trout or what! Year pass has been a serious waste of money.
If you're not going to do a search on the forum for reports and advice,......

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you're not going to do a search on the forum for reports and advice,......
That does apply to the Big Fancy $$$ lakes,

the little ponds and Carp Marshes I look for on here, is what led me to this Forum, nothing else listed about Elaine Valente yadayada, Gravel pit, Langerston or whatever, etc.

There remains many bodies of water in Denver Metro alone , unmentioned

As soon as I find better fishing in the big parks, I will pay the big $$$ no prob,

I sure miss San Diego's FREE with license salt fishin' :'(

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
That does apply to the Big Fancy $$$ lakes,

the little ponds and Carp Marshes I look for on here, is what led me to this Forum, nothing else listed about Elaine Valente yadayada, Gravel pit, Langerston or whatever, etc.

There remains many bodies of water in Denver Metro alone , unmentioned

As soon as I find better fishing in the big parks, I will pay the big $$$ no prob,

I sure miss San Diego's FREE with license salt fishin' :'(
You from Cali?

·
Registered
94 Posts
You from Cali?
yup. My old man was Fisher 1,(his CB handle) he fished the Surf mostly, was really good at catching the "California Corbina" with mussels and sand crabs. Lots of big Surf Perch too.

I fished the surf, harbors, piers, etc. not as many fish by 1990 or so when I fished the most.

I hear "El Nin'o" has returned. Anyone anywhere NEAR So. Cali MUST get out and fish this fall!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
yup. My old man was Fisher 1,(his CB handle) he fished the Surf mostly, was really good at catching the "California Corbina" with mussels and sand crabs. Lots of big Surf Perch too.

I fished the surf, harbors, piers, etc. not as many fish by 1990 or so when I fished the most.

I hear "El Nin'o" has returned. Anyone anywhere NEAR So. Cali MUST get out and fish this fall!
I did an overnight trip and a 3/4 day trip out of san diego this summer and did really well. Apparently the el nino pushed a bunch of the fish that are normally in mexican waters more north. We got into a bunch of bluefin and yellowfin right off the coast of cali.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts