Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the ice status at aurora?? Not sure how the warm temps and wind have affected it. Thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
Aurora ice

The ice is doing just fine, I was out there this morning on the East side. It was a good 6" to 8" with about 4" of snow on top.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
The ice is doing just fine, I was out there this morning on the East side. It was a good 6" to 8" with about 4" of snow on top.
Well, when I was out on Sunday, I found ice as thin as 2.5" and ugly. I found spots where the original freeze happened that were 4-6, but right next to it was 3-4. The only place I found ice thicker than 6 was in Lonetree, and it was also the only ice that was clear, but a lot of patches of rotting ice with bubbles in it all over the south ends of the lake.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Well, when I was out on Sunday, I found ice as thin as 2.5" and ugly. I found spots where the original freeze happened that were 4-6, but right next to it was 3-4. The only place I found ice thicker than 6 was in Lonetree, and it was also the only ice that was clear, but a lot of patches of rotting ice with bubbles in it all over the south ends of the lake.
Shore ken shore ken
Trying to keep everyone away. I don't blame ya, that **** was on fire!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts