Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Aurora res.

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  fishinbud 
#1 ·
Me and Trout are gonna hit A-Town lake tomorrow. I just talked to the ranger there and was told quite a few people are fishing out there and when I told her I was gonna be there friday she said "cool". Cant wait-

#4 ·
Dan you nervous nellie! If there are people out there its good enough for me. Hey colo, Perch are what bring me there. I havent gotten into many jumbos but usually catch a ton. The bobo's are fairly reliable. Only caught 1 wally there.

#6 ·
_colorado said:
I haven't taken panfish through the ice since I lived in Wisconsin back in the 70's!  I keep telling myself it will happen one day here in Colorado.
HAHA!  Ice fishing in WI was definately good!  We used to setup permanent shop on the Fox River or Lake Winnebago.  I remember how scared I'd get as a child whenever I caught a lawyer.  Disgusting looking fish especially when you pull one out and they slither on the ice. 

#7 ·
SLAYERFISH said:
Dan you nervous nellie! If there are people out there its good enough for me. Hey colo, Perch are what bring me there. I havent gotten into many jumbos but usually catch a ton. The bobo's are fairly reliable. Only caught 1 wally there.

New Nickname for Slayerfish.........

DeathWishFish!

Well if not following the crowd makes me a nervous nellie than I am! :)

But it still does not answer the questions concerning the quality and thickness of the ice and what if anything is being caught!

I don't think I feel like driving cross town to find the ice is thinner than I like........

Dan

#14 ·
As others have indicated, use pretty much extreme caution when fishing on local reservoirs, in the metro area at this time, (that's my opinion at least).
Yesterday, when listening to a local radio station regarding the fishing report and ice conditions, I was really suprised/almost shocked to hear how it was conveyed that "there's still really good ice on the metro area lakes, even though there's some water on top of it and it should remain fishable for quite some time" (or something very close to that). Personally, I found that a bit reckless. Then again, I prefer feet of ice rather than mere inches (which are melting around town right now, argh!).
If one does venture out locally: go with a buddy preferably, check the ice, have a throwable life saving device (a kids bike tire tied to about 50' of rope works well) and even wear a life jacket.
Bottom line, we want to hear fishing reports of what's biting and where, not about who's failing through because they don't show due care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.