Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  On Sunday I fished Aurora Reservoir for Walleye and Trout, and ended up with one Walleye and four Trout.  The weather was nice, maybe a little too warm, but the wind couldn’t have been better for fishing.

I started fishing from my kayak at 4pm.  I was using two rods. On one I had a Lucky Craft and on the other a jig and grub.

At 4:20pm I caught a 21in Trout on the jig and grub. At 5:30 I caught a 17in Walleye on a jig and grub.  Between 6pm and 7pm fish were rising all around me so I replaced the jig and grub with a Panther Martin.  I caught three small Trout on the Panther Martin.  I was off the lake by 7:30pm.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice fish; especially that trout. We were on our boat at Chatfield for a few hours early Sunday afternoon........didn't get one bite. Plenty of fish on sonar, but nothing was biting.
Cody

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
nice fish! I saw you fishing out there. You sure can move around quick in that kayak even with the wind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Kuhuna, no I’m not fishing the Aurora Tournament. In mid May I’ll be fishing for Bass and Pike not waiting in line to get out on the lake.

Silicone Boy I have a water proof digital camera (Pentax Optio WP) mounted to the front of my kayak.

Cowboyfisherman, Chatfield was my first choice but due to time constraints, I ended up at Aurora Reservoir; and I’m glad I did. Chatfield has been slow the last two weekends.

Peacock Caddis, I’ve been fishing from a kayak for 11 years (mostly in the ocean in California), and have never tipped it in a lake. On the other hand, in the ocean I’ve had some nasty wipeouts in the surf. Once past the surf, I’ve never had a problem, even in three foot swells. Fishing from a kayak takes some getting use to, but once you get it, it’s easy. I have caught way more fish from my kayak, than from my boat.

Rad, how did you do out there? Any smallmouth or wipers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts