Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning my girlfriend, myself and our dads headed out in the morning round 7. A little later than we wanted. We started just goin after perch. We drilled a few holes from 10' to 5' and were marking schools all over. We started catching perch but none with any size. The girlfriends dad caught a beautiful rainbow within the first 15 minutes we were there. Very unexpecting but it was very cool. We snapped a couple pictures and released the fish. After 930 the fish stopped biting. We were still marking schools of perch everywhere but they did not want we had for them. The water clarity was good. There was overcast and a little bit breezy. The ice was around 6" all over and had about 2" of snow on top.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Great first post. Thank you for the report!!!

That is a very nice bowbow in the pic, and thanks for the release.

I might not have held the fish up by it's gill plate, as that can damage a released fish... Sometimes to the point of killing it after it swims away... Something to keep in mind on your next outing.

Appreciate the report, welcome to the forum, and TIGHT LINES!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think he was just excited but we will remember that next time. We try to take very good care of each fish and love to return fish for others. But thank you very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts