Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out Saturday afternoon & trolled leaches & crank baits. Nothing! By 3PM the wind blew me off the lake.

Talked to another boater--he got one 18" Walleye.

Talked to another--they had an 18" Walleye and 5 Rainbows in the cooler that made the 'eye look small. Said they anchored & dropped nightcrawler harnesses.

After being slimed by the skunk on Saturday for the first time in 3 months on Aurora, I had to try again Sunday before the game. Did what they said--nightcrawlers at all different depths. All I could take home was a bunch of small Perch. Haven't taken home a Walleye from Aurora in a month.

"Friends don't let friends fish for Trout!"

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey Goodguy, You weren't any of the guys, I saw the Ranger boat pulling were you? The wind was bad Sat. I saw the Ranger pull at least 5 boats to the dock. Not me 3 batteries. Only used 1 and 1/2. Caught 6 trout around 14-16", kept 2, and 3 small walleyes about 12", mostly drifting crawlers with a bunch of weight. Take Care

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I fished Aurora on Saturday and caught 3 walleye ( one keeper), a perch, and 6 trout ( 4 of the 6 trout exceeded 3 lbs.). All the fish were caught by drifting a whole night crawler with a small size split shot. The wind was blowing like crazy but if you can anchor up wind it is not too bad. I was the one who was pretty much anchored out in the middle of the lake for the whole day. When I came in I was one of the last boats. The spot I usually go to with my Uncle, it is pretty common to catch trout over 3lbs.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I probably drifted right by you Michael as I was trying to anchor but pulling the anchor at least it was slowing us down. Congrats on the 3 lbers. (2 anchors out) good luck

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Nice job guys...great reports!...I am hitting Aurora on Saturday looking for the elusive monster wipers...wind permitting...and welcome to the forum! Did you happen to notice the water temp?

"Friends don't let friends fish for Trout!"
Bwahaahahahahahahahhahaa...that is t-shirt material...and I do like chasing trout on occasion...just a wiper bigot...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
born2fish1: No, I didn't get towed--this time.

Michael in Parker: You & your uncle are the guys I talked about with the cooler full. I pulled out right after you & talked to you guys. I have the 17'-6" camo John-boat--some of the Rangers call it the "War Boat".

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
GoodGuy said:
born2fish1: No, I didn't get towed--this time.

Michael in Parker: You & your uncle are the guys I talked about with the cooler full. I pulled out right after you & talked to you guys. I have the 17'-6" camo John-boat--some of the Rangers call it the "War Boat".
You sure they weren't saying, "wore" boat? ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts