Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got up plenty early but didnt get to the reservoir when I wanted...trailer hitch problems...got that resolved...got to the reservoir at about 6:40...boat on about 7am...cloudy...that was helpful...water temp 55...only had a couple of hours so the attack was two pronged...I bought some expensive hotdogs (PuebloWipermans father's slang for baitfish that slide down wiper throat passages easily - no spines like bluegills have - I bit the bullet and bought a half dozen large suckers from Gander...expensive but it was going to be fishing long)...so some ballpark franks under a bobber...and I casted a DBroeren special (countdown gold Rapala) on the other rod...only one hit and one fish all morning...a Rainbow on the DBroeren special...it was a little over 21 inches...the pictures arent very good...I was trying to get her back in the water as soon as possible...she was full of eggs...that was my couple of hours...no skunk but again the wipers elude me...

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no curse...Dan was walking and chewing gum...ended up spilling his own blood...(as close to a virgin in volcano we could get...errrrrrrr Colorado Style)...wipers arent that hard to catch...finding them is the hard part...they dont always come to you...and hard to search at Aurora with an electric trolling motor...

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope not offended the two didnt add up...just zConfused...now I did have a run in with Biff the sailor at the boat ramp who decided to take two hours to get his sailboat off...eliminating the east side of the only dock...and of course the rangers did nothing about it...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good luck getting the rangers to get out of their trucks and do something productive. My friend is a ranger and he is way guilty of being a lazy ***! Makes no sense. People like me would love to be rangers but they hire lazy individuals instead.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Good to see you put a fish in the boat Z even if it wasnt the wiper you were looking for. Freeze them suckers and use them for Laker bait ice fishing.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Nice bobo,zman. Shoulda kept those eggs for sacs for ice fishing. Rainbows will not reproduce in the wild at Aurora anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts