Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Aurora on Tuesday...all day...wind was quite strong at times...hung in the marina area looking for wipers...threw Rapalas and jigs most of the day while using a 5 inch hotdog (live sucker on another rod)...I only saw a couple of wiper boils late in the day...managed to catch 1 16 inch trout on jib with a Berkley Gulp leech...another trout on a 3 inch white twister tail jig...Dennis caught a 20 inch trout on a 5 inch long live sucker dragged slowly along the bottom...it whomped the crap out of it...water temp was 50...the storm troopers were busy...I got hollared at for tieing the front of my boat to the rope ring on one of the swimming bouys while anchoring the other end of my boat with an anchor...sometimes I wonder about that place...tripping over the dollars to pick up the nickels...

Hey you guys at Aurora...get any docks ordered for the boat ramp yet?...must still be busy ordering solar powered muffler bearings...UGH!...

Not one of my best days at Aurora...

·
Registered
391 Posts
zman,I was there the day before and as i was leaving i talked to a guy who said he had been pretty sucessful with the wipers and walleye trollin shad raps early or late around the swimbeach.Thanks for the post.

lyn

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lynmack...thanks!...that is the area we pounded...trolled/casted/jigged and "hotdogged" to death...not my week...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts