Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished this lake yesterday with a buddy and my pops. Mixed bag, including 2 walleye, about a dozen trout, and about 20 of the biggest perch I have ever seen in my life. The perch measured anywhere from 11'' to 13'' with the girth to match (footballs). A few were bigger than the rainbows we iced. Amazing! Was taking pics when the freaking battery died on the digital camera.

We used minnows with jigging raps and Kastmasters at various depths, and action was pretty good all afternoon.

The ice is relatively new and about 3.5'' thick. With the warm weather coming this week, I don't think it will last until next weekend. :'(

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The walleyes were 15'' and 16.5'' respectively and kinda pale. We were in between 25' and 30' of water out in the main lake straight out from Marina Cove. This is the part that just froze last week and most likely will not last until the weekend due to the warm temps and accompanying wind Aurora is so famous for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.