Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out Monday around 3:00 PM & stayed until 8:00 PM. A good day! 8 Walleyes (2 keepers 18" and 18 1/2") and a 3 pound Rainbow. Walleyes were all at 25' and were hitting leeches dragged behind bottom bouncers. They didn't want night crawlers today. My best day yet this year--but it ain't over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Nice job on the wallies goodguy. I caught my fair share earlier this year but I think they know when its me cause they sure don't like me anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Interesting? Monday I did exactly the same thing in lonetree and senac and out in open water and along the east side in 20 to 40 feet of water" all those area's I used lively leeches and crawlers I caught 4 stocker trout on leeches??????? OH well go figure. ??? accept you did 3 till 8pm and I did the early morning thing.....probably the difference!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roth2000 said:
Nice job on the wallies goodguy.  I caught my fair share earlier this year but I think they know when its me cause they sure don't like me anymore.
We should put out heads together. I was skunked during the pre-spawn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jrfish said:
Interesting? Monday I did exactly the same thing in lonetree and senac and out in open water and along the east side in 20 to 40 feet of water" all those area's I used lively leeches and crawlers I caught 4 stocker trout on leeches??????? OH well go figure. ??? accept you did 3 till 8pm and I did the early morning thing.....probably the difference!
I would prefer to fish mornings (less chance of thunderstorms), but I've been working 6 days a week and volunteering at church on Sunday mornings. Last two weeks I caught all my fish between 4:30 and 6:30 PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
goodguy are you staying within your limits of the boat ramp becasue of wind and electric motors ? I see jrfish is fishing lone tree and senac cove. I widened my fishing area out there once and got caught in the wind and the rangers had to pull me back in !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
GoodGuy said:
roth2000 said:
We should put out heads together. I was skunked during the pre-spawn.
I am planning to head out there on Monday morning with a friend of mine. We will be on our pontoons. If you ever want to get together let me know and I'll unload my knowledge of pre-spawn if you can enlighten me about the fishing right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
craigknws2 said:
goodguy are you staying within your limits of the boat ramp becasue of wind and electric motors ?  I see jrfish is fishing lone tree and senac cove. I widened my fishing area out there once and got caught in the wind and the rangers had to pull me back in !
I also fish Lone Tree & Senac--also carry two batteries. Used one up last Monday.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top