Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard the projected long range for Friday nights temps on 9News weather...a balmy 17 degrees...good thing there isnt a 4th one...might as well put it on December 21st the end of the world according the Mayans...

CripeZ why couldnt it have been the 19th...oh well I already paid might as well go...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!...

Where is my ice encrusted smiley?...more like frozen solid smiley...BITE ME OLD MAN WINTER!...

Bwahaahahahahahahhaha weather brought to you by Crystal!!!...that will get my arse kicked!...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey guys,
Al's mom and I did a lot of fishing toward the end of last season, with some of those 17 degree midnight finishes. Here's the problem (sorry ''Z'', kind of off topic, but what the hell, it's possible that some of you will have the same issues Friday night.)
Anyway, I had electric brakes put on the trailor last summer, and the first time I went to move the trailer in those 17 degree temps last winter, the damn brakes had froze up and would not let me pull the trailer. Oh, I pulled it, :mad: as the tires dragged across the pavement, finally braking lose after20-30 feet, which I'm sure is hell on your tires, and I'm sure the brakes!
So what do you do to unfreeze the brakes, and I'm pretty sure it's these damn electric brakes, since I never had this problem before the brakes? Thanks for any suggestions, and be careful on the boat ramp Friday night that it isn't icy when loading and unloading. Makes for a shitty feeling as your truck and trailer slide down the rampppppppppp.
Thanks guys,
catfish_al

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't know Slayer? When it's that cold, I'm not sure if I want to be handling heavy equipment ;)

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
New Sorels, screw the boat, tired of being captain in A-Town weather on a regular basis only. I'll be fishin the dam for awhile, maybe all night we'll see. Gonna pass on Famous Dave's niot that good anyway.

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
27 degrees and 3 hours of wind above 20 mph...that part sucked...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hate this BS!! What happened to the Days of 2 times a month years back when they would do this starting in June for $0!!!!!!!! And I would bet the Season passes and people who fish both Aurora & Quincy since then has quadrupled!!! Good luck hope the $30 make it worth it!! NOT!!

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Youre going to die a bitter old man (I cant believe zGlassIsHalfEmpty just said that...see Curmudgeon In Durango I am kindler and gentler too!.. :D :D)...and that was at Quincy wasnt it?...I dunno you dont do anything for free in your business I suspect...not if you can make money off of it anyway...and city, county and state goverments used to do lots of things additional and free when we were younger that they no longer do due to less funds and staffing...

·
Registered
290 Posts
I get the frozen brake opportunity alot. By driving my trailer around the parking lot and stepping on the brakes once in a while, i have found my brakes rarely freeze up.

·
Registered
648 Posts
bernie said:
I get the frozen brake opportunity alot. By driving my trailer around the parking lot and stepping on the brakes once in a while, i have found my brakes rarely freeze up.
Thanks bernie. Thats better than the advice Slayer had to offer.

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The most impressive thing...Catfish-al and his mom do that late night O dark thirty thing out of the boat a lot in fall...a couple of tough tough fisherpeople...and chatty to boot...that cold really sweeps down from Waterton Canyon and across the lake when the sun goes down...the reason the Platte River Arm of Chatty freezes so early and stout most years...my hat is off to you for doing that stuff as often as you do...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
zman said:
Youre going to die a bitter old man (I cant believe zGlassIsHalfEmpty just said that...see Curmudgeon In Durango I am kindler and gentler too!.. :D :D)...and that was at Quincy wasnt it?...I dunno you dont do anything for free in your business I suspect...not if you can make money off of it anyway...and city, county and state goverments used to do lots of things additional and free when we were younger that they no longer do due to less funds and staffing...
Ha you funny man Z! We do alot for free once we start a job! Still think they should give a break to the guys who bye the yearly pass maybe $20 instead of $30. Bet more folks would go.

·
Registered
437 Posts
HOGMASTER said:
Still think they should give a break to the guys who bye the yearly pass maybe $20 instead of $30. Bet more folks would go.
I was initially thinking the same thing about the price if you already had an annual pass. But how is it any different than being a season ticket holder for a sports team? If the team makes the post season you have to pay extra for those tickets if you want to go to the game. The annual pass gets you in during normal hours of operation, and you pay extra if you want to fish outside those hours.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts