Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Aurora Reservoir yesterday and found about a dozen people on the ice in the Marina bay. It didn't look to safe to me so I went and fished off the dam in open water for about 4 hours. I tried bait on the bottom and threw some lures but only had one bite. I did talk to a very nice Park Ranger who said the fishing in the open water was slow but they were catching a few here and there. There were a lot of geese and ducks and one bald eagle. You can get your open water fix as most of the lake was open water.

·
Registered
16,968 Posts
A friend PMed me he was out there this weekend all day only saw 2 tiny perch on the camera. It is dead Glenn! Face it!

If you want some Perch love, you gonna haft revel in the seaman!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mattyt, funny you should mention it, there was a plank to the right of the handicap pier and you could see where people had broke thru the ice next to shore. I think with the snow and cold the ice will firm up a little but use caution as always.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.